You had a big dream about winning first place in the beauty contest or getting a chance on acting in cinema.
But suddenly becomes a nightmare when you see your puffed eyes in the mirror in the morning. What you react at that moment?
In this article you will get proper answers to this questions.
- What causes puffy eyes in the morning?
- what causes puffy eyes and dark circles?
- what foods cause puffy eyes?
- What causes bags under the eyes?
While puffy eyes can be caused by many factors, it is most commonly the result of an allergic reaction to something you are allergic to. This is due to swelling around the eye. If this happens, try drinking more water and applying cool compresses to reduce swelling.
- 1 What is a puffy eye?
What is a puffy eye?
The puffy eye is a condition that occurs when the blood vessels underneath the upper and lower eyelid swell. This can cause swelling and puffiness of the upper and lower eyelids as well as pain, redness, and irritation. Puffy eyes can be easily treated with medications such as decongestants or anti-inflammatory drugs.
What is the most common cause of puffy eyes?
There are several causes of puffy eyes, but the most common cause of puffy eyes is allergies.
Puffy eyes can also be caused by a lack of sleep or a medical condition such as eczema.
Using Mobile at night causes puffy eyes?
Yes, a mobile screen can cause puffy eyes. This is because the light from the mobile screen has a stronger effect on people’s eyes than a computer monitor or a TV screen.
One of the most common causes of puffy eyes is the overuse of computer monitors, mobile for extended periods.
What foods cause puffy eyes?
Some of the foods that can cause puffy eyes are: milk, cheese, seafood, and fatty fish.
- Canned foods and beverages such as chicken soup, tomato sauce, and baked beans can cause puffy eyes. Also, iced drinks like lemonade or cola can make your eyes swollen due to the caffeine content in these
- Tomato has solanine which is a chemical that can cause itching and swelling of the eyes. Solanine causes swelling in the eye because it increases blood flow to the surface of your eye, causing inflammation.
- Dairy products are high in protein and inflammatory food. The inflammatory food in dairy products can cause your eyes to swell up especially if you are allergic to it.
- Oatmeal is high in protein and can create inflammation in the body. Oatmeal can also cause allergic reactions which may result in puffy eyes.
What is puffy eye treatment?
Puffy eyes can be treated with over-the-counter medications, such as antihistamines or decongestants, or eye drops.
Creams that are used to treat the symptoms of allergies can also help reduce puffy eyes.
Using eye drops or applying cold compresses on your eyes will make them feel better and reduce puffiness in the morning.
Give rest to your eye by not using the computer or mobile devices for long periods and have a good sleep at night.
How can you reduce swelling around the eye?
If you are experiencing swollen eyes, then the first thing that you should do is find out the cause. You can’t treat swollen eyes without understanding the cause and you should not try what you search on the internet.
Some of the causes for swollen eyes include eye infection, allergies, sinus infection, bloodshot eyes, and swelling due to certain medications like antibiotics or steroids.
Home remedies for swollen eyelid?
In addition to medications, several home remedies can help you reduce the swelling around your eyes. These include:
Use ice packs on your eyes for 10 minutes at a time several times per day. This will reduce the swelling and prevent further damage from occurring. Avoid using ice packs directly on your eyes.
Use a warm compress on your eyes for 10 minutes at a time several times per day. This will reduce the swelling and prevent further damage from occurring.
Puffy eyes can be treated with over-the-counter medications and also with help of doctor prescriptions and it is not a serious disease and you don’t have to be afraid of that.
Eye bags or swollen eyes can be also caused by certain foods that I said above, so if you’re allergic to some foods kindly avoid that.